View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 11:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This is an amazing post. Reading all the comments Jaye compiled was heartbreaking and yet inspiring to me at the same time.

For me, PD is the univited guest, the unwanted visitor that has very much overstayed its welcome...one which I never offered in the first place! It's funny (or not) how you can feel like a prisoner in your own body as PD relentlessly does its thing. Hour to hour, you never know how you're going to feel or be able to function.

And yet, it has given me a new purpose. I am dedicated to speaking out about this dreaded and devastating disease wherever and whenever I can. Educate, advocate, and make people aware. We can't sit back and just assume people will understand or relate to what we deal with every minute of our lives. So I plan to talk (and then talk some more) to attempt and create that understanding as best as I can.

What's it like living with PD? For me, it's the same as you and yet so different. It sucks, I hate it, it makes me angry and sad. And yet it also reminds me of how precious and fragile life is and that we should do everything we can to not only improve our own quality of life, but that of others.

The bottom line for me is, I've decided that if PD wants a fight, then I'm going to give it one. I hope it's ready for me...

Todd
PDTalks.com

Todd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote