Thread: PICC LINE or IV
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 11:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Yes on the PICC line

Hi I have had seven picc lines over the course of my treatment. I wish I could have one permanently! I have never had a bit of trouble with them. I love them I hate IV's. they have trouble getting a vein and with any long term use your veins collaspe.With IV you are much more likely to get an infection .With RSD ,veins collaspe far more frequently than with the average person. Also all the sticking to place an IV can aggravate your rsd- it does mine. It can also cause the rsd to go to that site.
The PICC line is always put in by experienced personal. you do have to follow the instructions on keeping it clean. I had absolutely no problems. Try to make sure the PICC team can use a florascope to guide them in placement. they can do it with out it, but it guarrentees one try for placement if they use one. I really hope you choose the picc line. It is sooooo much better. Good luck to you. They use lidocaine injections at the point of insertion-so other then the sting of those shots it is not painful. there is a great deal of pressure appllied at one point its a little startling but there is on pain with that pressure. They will walk you through the whole procedure. The teams that do this are very specialized and highly qualified. Good luck to you let me knwo how you are doing. sincerely, cz
CZZ74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote