Thread: Infor On TBI
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 03:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Nancy F

Thank you for the replie Nancy, yes there are still challenges as each brain is different and each injury is also different and it is my understand that the brain well heal it self in it's own time and that it is a slow process.

Some of the symptoms I deal with is I still get upset and angery over non sence that would have never upset me before I was injuried. This is some thing I will have to learn to manage. I think I read in this forum about taking a time out when this happens so I'm implementing that into my healing process.

Last year I went through some very difficult migrain headaches for almost a year no fun. I take imitrex for the headacches and it seem to help.

Stress seems to bring on the headaches so I try to manage that as best I can some days you win and some days you don't.

My brain still flat lines where I can not process information in of out and I still have lag times between my long term memory and the cognitive part of my thinking processes.

I have to accept the reality that that old self is gone and work on rebuilding the new self. I believe that the brain will heal it's self but it take time and we may have to learn how to do life a little differently then before.

Thankful to be alive and yes there are day's that are hard but this to shall pass . I'm trying to learn and grow so that I can function as best I can each day. Some day's I have to ask for help and there seems to be someone willing to help you to get back on your feet again. Jeff

PS I think I read a post in regards to your son ?
jeffn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote