View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 04:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaykir View Post
We had a wonderful visit with our own "Harley" (Laura Dean). She was visiting her daughter here and we were able to steal her away for a day. What a charming gracious lady she is!! We brought her back to our home for lunch and then arranged a group event that afternoon with a contingent of local Parkies. Kevin was having a bad day but he just trooped through it without complaint!

Everyone was so excited to meet her and hear her read some of her poetry. My phone was ringing off the hook after the event with folks thanking me for the opportunity to meet her. We had expected Robert Smith (RLSmi) and his wife to join us but illness prevented them from making the trip.

Our local non profit group (DAPS) plans to feature Laura in the December Newletter. Anyone looking for a Christmas gift should consider a copy of Laura's book! It was a big hit and it's a wonderful read.

The friends you make over the years on this forum - even as it has progressed from one spot to another become cherished members of your extended family. If any of you have an opportunity to meet one another, I encourage you to take the opportunity!

Thanks Harley!! I hope you had fun with your musician friends too!

Gayle
Thanks for sharing that with us Gayle..It certainly is special meeting people from the forum