View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 07:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Post Newbie here searching for help

I’ve had severe burning and stabbing pain in my toes and soles of both feet since January, 2007 and desperately need help. I am a 58 year old woman of average health/weight. I am non-diabetic but I have had rheumatoid arthritis since 1996 - am taking Celebrex (400mg) - and have had herniated discs years ago. My GP did some bloodwork which came back normal and I started taking Neurotin (300mg) and then took Lyrica and neither helped me. I then started going to a podiatrist who put me on B-12 and folic acid for my feet and he referred me to a neurologist. I then saw my first neurologist who did an EMG and nerve conduction test which were negative – he first had me take Cymbalta and when it didn’t work then Elavil which hasn’t worked and gives me side effects of a “hangover” and headache and he also recommended I soak and put lotion on my feet which I had been doing all along. He told me that I had peripheral neuropathy but it was only mild and that I would be better off when my feet went numb – basically just to live with it and “it would be better when it gets worse.” I saw a second neurologist and he told me the same thing as the first and to stay on the Elavil for a couple more months. I’m waiting for my bloodwork to come back from him and he also said I didn’t need another EMG.

The severe pain/burning is only in my feet and ankles right now but I can’t get any help from the doctors I’ve seen so I feel it’s just going to get worse. I can’t hardly walk now and get very little sleep so I desperately need help with this. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
CGEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote