View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 10:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Richard,

Where do you live ?

I'm in Marshfield. I had a lot of difficulty (and a long 2 year struggle) getting a dx. I was dx'd with TOS by the IME doctor my worker's comp company sent me to. He thought I should be fine to go back to work though, seeing as no one was treating me for TOS. My doctors "didn't believe in TOS" It was an awful mess.

In desperation, I emailed a vascular surgeon that I saw mentioned on another TOS site. I explained the problem and asked if he could suggest anyone for me to see to officially get the dx. I figured as a surgeon, he would only see me if I needed surgery. He emailed me back that day.....and set up a visit for me a few days later.

That was Dr Rapheal Bueno at Brigham and Womens in Boston.

He wanted me to see the neurologist who would provide most of the care and sent me to Dr John Mahoney at Carney Hospital. Dr Mahoney had me do physical therapy with Sheila Caldwell of Jordan Rehab in Halifax. I had done PT before, but the wrong kind. In the past the had me start with weights and it made everything worse. Sheila started with myofascial release work and there was a big improvement (as long as I don't do anything, like go to a store, housework, laundry, etc)

I don't know how far away you would be, but I highly recommend all of these practioners.

I also have a great chiro because of cervical/thoracic spine issues too.

Good luck. I know how hard it is to find a knowledgable doc to help.
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote