View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 01:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Billye:

I have quite a bit of trouble with this. Try getting a bottle of Periomed from your dentist and following the instructions. It is a mouth rinse that addresses inflammation, which I could not live without... You can use it more than once a day, and it may cause a slight yellowing, but it buffs away with cleanings.

If you are also getting the mouth sores, ask the pharmacist to order some Vince. It is a pink dental powder that used to be used for trench mouth, whatever that is, or so I was told. Anyway, if you brush with that, it really helps the mouth sores... It is not expensive and is not a prescription...

The other thing I have to really stay after is having regular dental cleanings. If the plaque builds up on my teeth, the burning mouth flares up. I try to stick to a cleaning every 4 months when possible...

One round of this, about a year back, landed me at the dental school, where a periodontist is considered an expert w/Sjogren's. She was the first one to really emphasize the fact to me that they are now finding that Sjogren's can affect many organ systems.

Great! Well, I do wish some of the doctors were better read on this.

Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote