View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 05:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username View Post
Mike:

First thanks for posting your success. People that read these forums need to realize that there are successful outcomes and the people who are here are the ones looking for answers. The successes are living their lives and not sitting at the computer looking for answers.

My question is what did you need the surgery? Were you injured? Many people who have these operations can't return to such active lifestyles because the cause for their surgery is disease driven.

Thanks, Username
Yeah i don't really know what you are trying to say with that first bit as it doesn't make sense, so i won't comment on that till you clarify what you are trying to say. The only reason i am posting is because as a pre-op person i to was scared and looking for answers on here to what my outcome might be and all i found was horror stories, hence i am posting a success story to give others hope and not be afraid to what could be a life changing operation as it was for me. Yes my problem was a degenerative bone problem, not an injury, proberly passed on through the genes to me by my parents. The bone has broken away and was falling apart so my surgeon said. So he put the rods in and fused it all together with the bone from my hip, hence no more pain or nerve issues, the rest of my spine seemed fine he said, just this one area where it was all black and dead.

Hope that helps

Cheers
kiwimike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-28-2010)