View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 08:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello I live in western NC and was just diagnosed will chiari I malformation. I have had severe headaches for 10 years and my drs would say oh its tension headaches or no its a migrain. I knew they were wrong. I had a gut feeling there was something seriously wrong with me. There are so much more than just a headache. I also have the vision of a 50-60 yr old and I am 27. I struggle sometimes with opening things like my sons sippy cup. my arms and legs go to sleep for no reason. I am waiting to hear from the brain dr. to find out when I talk to a neuosurgeon. She said they may not do the surgery. I am pretty bummed at the moment thinking that is what they will say. For so long I had know idea what was wrong with me. Now I know and I know the surgery will more than likely fix it and I am worried they will tell me no. I don't want to go the rest of my life takeing meds everyday. These headaches have goten alot worse in the last year to where I am having them 3-5 days aweek and somedays like today they last for several days. The pain is getting worse too. I am so tired of this I just want it to stop. The thought hit me last night what are the chances my son has this acm? Also what are the chances of passing it to you children in general. Does this mean no more kids for us? If any has any information to share I would greatly appreciate it. I don't know alot about this or the stats. Thanks and God bless.
ebean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote