View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 11:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

When I was in high school way back in 1978 there were two men at my school who used "sex for better grades" as an excuse to molest their female students.

One was a coach of the girls gymnastic team... the other was a biology teacher. I had both teachers. I was given the opportunity, and declined. They had misjudged me badly.

I went to my parents with the news. THEY blew me off, didn't believe me at all. I already had problems with the school staff, so going to them with this would have been futile.

I got a call from my mother about 10 years ago, telling me about their arrests. She was in shock, couldn't believe it had happened. I replied "I can believe it... and if YOU had believed me 30 years ago, imagine all the girls it could have saved from the same fate." She didn't even remember the situation until I reminded her!

Parents bear some of the blame too. If they notice behavioral changes in their teens, they shouldn't chalk it up to "teen angst". They should talk to their teens, gain their trust, have a real relationship. Then that teen will be able to tell you things of this nature, secure in the knowledge that you will believe and act accordingly.

On a personal note, I think all serious sex offenders should be turned into eunuchs. But lets not forget that in most states an 18 year old man can be classified a sex offender if he has relations with a 16 year old. It doesn't matter if they had been a couple since they were 16 and 14! Also, in some states, if you urinate in public and a woman sees and reports it, it can be classified a sex offense.

We need to be more careful with that label, IMO. Some don't really deserve it, yet they are to be punished for life with that stigma.

NO, I know no one who has been through this... or at least no one I would associate with. I did find out the maintenance man for the apt building I lived in once was a level two offender, and had keys to apts where there were many latch-key kids! I reported it to the landlord, as it is illegal in that state for him to hire the guy. I told the landlord if he he did not fire the guy and report him to his probation officer, I would do it. But then the landlord would look very bad and have committed an offense. He should have done a background check on someone he entrusted with master keys. Needless to say, my request was complied with immediately.. he truly had no knowledge of the guys past, I believed him.

Know the laws of your state and check the gov'ts website for registered sex offenders in your area. The more you know, the more you can do.

There are only two types of people in this world... those who bring you peace and those who don't.
theoneRogue420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote