View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default My project this weekend!

I like to do things when H is gone for a few days! Well, this 4-day hunting trip was my opportunity to do some upgrading in the kitchen.

I think I have rocks in my head!

We have a soffit in the kitchen. A few years ago, I put a wallpaper border on it. (This is the famous one that cost $1500 - that included the ride in the ambulance to the ER when I took a tumble off the counter due to Baclofen...)

I decided it was time to remove that cute border paper and replace it with paint. Anyone ever remove wallpaper? NOT FUN! The guy at Home Depot LIED to me. He said, oh it's easy. Just use the Gel stuff called Dif and it will come off real easy. Yeah right. The top layer. Then you gotta wet down the bottom later and scrape, and scape, and scrape...

That took me all day Saturday. But I used a ladder, not the kitchen counter.

Sunday, I cleaned up the wallpaper crap all over the floor, then got started painting. The color is called Lost Atlantis by Behr from Home Depot. It's a pretty shade of silvery pewter Blue. Dark. Kind of matches the blue in my kitchen floor and some of the blues in my kitchen.

I only painted the soffit. So far. I want to paint one of the walls, the one behind the stove, but I have run out of time. I need to get this done and cleaned up before HE comes home this afternoon.

I am all done!

</IMG></IMG>
Attached Thumbnails
My project this weekend!-kitchen1-jpg   My project this weekend!-kitchen2-jpg   My project this weekend!-kitchen3-jpg  

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote