View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 01:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,

It is apparent to me that she was being depleted very slowly, so did not have severe malabsorption (at least not until recently).

I also remained very active for years. It was only when malabsorption became severe and began taking me down very fast that I became disabled. Until then, in spite of some problems that had been coming on for years, I was dancing, taking down walls and doing other home improvement, landscaping, teaching, taking long walks, and, in general enjoying my active life.

There is no first sign. People are different. I also did not develop fatigue for a very long time, not until serious motor damage and balance issues had been present for some time.

You may still improve. Some of the things you mention didn't go away or mostly away until several years had passed. Unfortunately, the motor problems may be with me forever, but since other things have improved even in recent months and years, I have some hope for that.

I asked the same question of the neurologist who diagnosed me. How many others?! He agreed that the numbers would be staggering.

I know progress is much too slow, but it is speeding up.

rose

rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote