View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Okay, now I'm totally confused.

I did exactly as you said. I downloaded it, I imported all the stuff, it prompted me if I wanted to use Mozilla Thunderbird as my default e-mail client. I said yes.

Then it opened up Alan's e-mail.

Now in outlook express, Alan's email was the primary email and we had two other sub accounts. mine was: let's use... MelodyLub@verizon.net

Now, when I would sign on to Outlook express, there would be my husband's email up on the screen. Then I would go to File, switch identity, click on the name Melody, and it would immediately switch to my e-mail.

So just now, I have Alan's email up on the screen, I go to File, and THERE IS NO SWITCH IDENTITY!!!!

So please tell me how I get my own email through thunderbird???

UPDATE....UPDATE....UPDATE....UPDATE......

I just went to Thunderbird and guess what?? It combined my husband's email and my email. Now why on earth would it do that.

There are 85 emails in this thing. Some are Alan's and some are mine.

Oh my god.
Please help me before I have a breakdown... lol

NEVER MIND!!!! I just uninstalled the entire thing. Outlook Express is now, once again, my default program. Why did I do this?? Because I'm 60 years old, and I know Outlook Express. When I saw 85 combined emails, I pictured Alan's face and said "this is not worth it". He likes stuff nice and easy on the computer.

I know that there had to be a way to separate the accounts, and we each have our own, but until I learned how to do this, I will turn 70 years old. lol.

Jo, thanks so much.

If I don't lose my mind over this, I turn 60 on November 4th.
Oh thank god, I still get Outlook Express. I almost lost my mind. Two hours on this stuff. Going to watch my soaps.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 10-22-2007 at 08:57 PM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote