View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 11:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

rogue
i totally agree with you that there are flaws in the sex offender registry system. the urination in public thing is awful...if only because depending on the person that walks by the charge can significantly differ...problem. i think that in the case of juvenile relationship cases many states have changed the requirements. for instance a four year gap is needed. or the presence of a prior relationship negates the claim. they are trying to get rid of the snap response action...parents finding their daughter and her boyfriend together and pressing charges when they refuse to call it off. there was a case in texas maybe (im not sure) where a football player who had a scholarship to college and was by all accounts a good kid was charged with statitory rape when the girlfriends parents found out. 17 at the time of arrest (she was 15) he was senteced to 18 years and required to register...talk about destroyed life.
i think there should be a juvenile resolution system that wont carry over to adulthood if the two parties are consenting. in some states the consenting age is 13. how on earth is the legal system supposed to lock up kids of that age for adult time for consented behavior.
that said teachers most definetly need to be held accountable when they take advantage of students. schools probably need to set up an anynomous comment system because it seems like most teachers who play this game are repeat offenders
Strong mind Strong body
wakegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote