View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 05:05 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Tongue well...

Back in 1971, I was young, and working long hours, and was feeling sick.
So we had just moved here, and my husband suggested I go to his family doctor. This guy took blood and then told me I had a serious blood disease!
and gave me a dangerous antibiotic...called chloromycetin...which was taken off the market here (it was removed 6mos later--which I had read was coming) for causing aplastic anemia--- a serious blood disease!
Needless to say, I didn't go back to HIM. quack quack...

But my most awful experience was when I was going into surgery for an
emergency C-section, to have my son. The doctor told me I had a 50/50 chance of dying or having a stroke or becoming a vegetable! That was really great for my blood pressure, which was thru the roof necessitating the surgery.

And as you can see I am still here, and don't have a serious blood disease either!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote