Thread: Infor On TBI
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 09:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Good Morning Nancy F

Thank you for your reply. I think it is important for people with TBi and PCS to shair there experience with what's happening to them mentally and to look for solutions to there problem and positive constructive ways to over come the mental condition there dealing with. From what I've seen on this site is people sharing and looking for solutions to solve their problems.

One of the tools I use in this rebuilding process is KIZEN, witch is breaking up a large problem into small incremental parts and finding a solution to that small part then moving to the next part and so on. KIZEN has been a very helpful tool for me in this healing process. It teaches one to start where they are at today and to make improvement there.

When I was first hurt I was unable to read or write so I had to re teach myself these skills one word at a time. I went from reading 3-4 books a week to being unable to read one sentence and the same with my writing skills. I'm still working on rebuilding and improving these skills today.

THE KIZEN WAY 1. ASK small questions 2 Think small thoughts 3 Take small actions and 4. Solve small problems. This was the model that was used to build The Toyota Corp and the same principles can be applied to TBi, PCS or any other problem a person is dealing with. What one small thing can I do today to improve my mental condiction today.

Take Care Nancy, hope all is going well with your sons recovery. Jeff
jeffn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote