Thread: Inflammation
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb there are some things one can do...

I think it is more than just the knee.

This type of inflammation comes with age, and increasing free radical damage
from the environment. This is why the emphasis in the nutrition field is to eat as much antioxidant rich fruits and veggies as possible. The antioxidants protect your blood vessels and brain. I just had a seminar two weeks ago, and the speaker who is a PhD nutritionist in Oregon went back to this topic over and over. She is about 50, and a slender slight thing (I am envious), in perfect shape, with defined muscles (for a woman), wears a size 2 or 4 maximum, BUT she
showed a high C-reactive protein on HER last check up!

Fish oil, and fiber are also recommended to lower this level.
Those are the 3 biggies...

So I bought some PURPLE cauliflower this week on sale at the grocery Sunday.
Yep, and there is an orange one now too. But I really fancied the purple one!
And the new juices-- by V8 are high in antioxidants.
Broccoli is great. There is a broccoli slaw now with purple cabbage and carrots. I have this instead of lettuce. So I keep looking for stuff I like that is colorful and affordable. Make the changes slowly and you get used to it, and in the end you feel better!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote