View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 01:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've had RSD since 12/99 (upper extremity) and been a member of BT that long. Great advice my friends...hearing your stories again...makes me tear up. It's been a long time since I've heard your stories...and since I've known you all for years and years...and consider you all my family....it makes me very, very sad.

I just don't feel up to writing my RSD story at this time, I'll just put add a few tids bits of info that come to my mind.

We love Pity-Parties! I bring grass-skirts... You can bring the chips!

You are NOT crazy. Pain is pain. Pain way out of proportion to the injury could very well be RSD. End of story.

Seeing a psychologist or a psychiatrist is a good thing. So do not take offense to this. Speaking to a "good" doctor will help you, in my opinion. It will be a very good tool in the long run...especially for a SS case as was mentioned here by Jose. This doctor will confirm that you are not wacko! And that your head is turned on straight. That you are not malingering pain. That you want to get on with your life. That you want to work IF you were not in pain and you were physically able to work.

With regards to blocks & PT. What was done w/ me when I was 1st diagnosed, was that I went in for a block and immediately following the block that is when PT was done. Therefore I was numb. I still called it my torture chamber, but it was less painful. I've had more blocks then I could count.

And another thing is blocks were done every week without missing a beat. Even to this day...when I go in, there done in a series. 3-6 in a row...until my pain decreases.

I was in PT for over 4 years, I believe. This is a long haul.

No Physical Therapist should turn you away because your in pain. Hello? Thats there job. Desensitizing you...is there 1st job!

While you are waiting...do some of this on your own. Start with a feather! Just lightly touching the area.

Heat. Baths w/ Epsom Salt...really is very soothing.

You must keep fighting the dragon!

Good luck...keep in touch.

You take care now...
himomdp is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote