Thread: Infor On TBI
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 02:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Jeffn,
What a great system, the KIZEN method. It goes along with the concept of how do you eat an elephant?, one bite at a time. I also think it is helpful with PCS and TBI because one of the symptoms I am reading about and observing with my own son is, how easily you can become overwhelmed, multitasking is also very frustrating. Keeping it simple in small chunks without becoming overwhelmed with the big picture is calming and a very productive way to go about any day, whether you are brain injured or not. You have learned so much in your recovery and your experience and success is motivational. One thing I am learning, in my wiser 40 something years of experience, is how much joy there is in accomplishment, no matter how small or large. If you create a goal for yourself, go about the task of meeting it, and succeed, it empowers you and propells you forward to meet other goals. The key is making sure the goals are divided in small chunks and realistic. I have actually run 10 marathons, from this concept. I could not understand why I kept wanting to do them after, the first but I now realise it is "the high" of the accomplishment that makes me go back to it. I now have to back off from that as I age and find other projects for these little lifts in self esteem. You should be proud of all you have accomplished in your healing. The biggest challenge for most patients, is battling depression and finding motivation, it appears you have been very successful with this! Stay well
Nancy F
Nancy F is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote