View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 01:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I can't say enough about the freedom a rollator has given me. My preference is the type with a weight baring break. When you press down on the handle, the rollator stops. The hand breaks can slip and need adjustment. The beauty of the weight baring break is that when you sit down on the seat, it automaticly locks down and will not slip, even on a slant.

Your insurance may pay for it if your doctor writes you a script. The script needs to include your diagnosis and the features needed. I had my doc write that I needed weight baring brakes, a seat and a basket. Medicare paid for mine in full.

You can find them in all sorts of price ranges from about $100.00-$300.00. You will get what you pay for. I would want one that has at least a 250 lb. capacity. Less equals weaker. I prefere eight inch wheels. The larger wheels and wheel base equals sturdier.

I have had mine for three years now and it is still going strong. I purchased it from the Dalton Medical company and it was their rollator model 420076. It now costs $299.00 which is almost double what it was 3 years ago. I would get it again.......at the current price.......even if I had to pay for it. I test drove several models at medical supply place and out patient phys. rehab. and that was the one that I liked best. Best wishes.
Jane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote