View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Jo:

I have no idea why I thought that I would have my own e-mail and Alan would have his. I really thought "well, I'll download Thunderbird, and I'll switch identity", like in Outlook. Don't think so!!!

And when I told Alan what happened, all he could say was "oh my god, is my email still there??" I said "not to worry, I restored everything back and you have yours and I have mine'.

I can only imagine him sitting down to 147 e-mails and not knowing which belonged to who!!!! Like I said "he likes this easy" on the computer.

While I'm walking through Window Updates, my husband likes to go on Youtube.

I will never forget last year. I have no idea what was happening, but my computer wasn't doing what it was supposed to do.

I called my computer genius son (who was laying on his bed and was NOT in front of his computer). He said "have you done any window updates? and I said "oh, it does it by itself, when I sign off". He sighed and said "go in front of your computer". Then he must have walked me through 100 steps, one after the other, (all the while, laying on his bed). I thought he was in front of his own computer doing the same thing. When I got to the last step, I asked him "you were doing this while I was doing mine, right?" and he said "No, I'm laying on the bed". I said 'what do you mean, you just walked me through 100 steps (over 45 minutes, believe me), and where the heck were you? and he said 'lying down, I was picturing your computer screen in my head.

See, he has Aspergers Disorder, he's a computer genius and he knows absolutely everything about computers. You might be thinking, why didn't I go to him instead of going on this board?

If you think I'm going to ask him to walk me through setting up an email account and have him laugh his *** off at me, well forget it.

So he's an aspie, he can probably build his own computer. He runs configs (whatever that is). Too bad he doesn't work. He would be some tech support person. Oh well.

I can't thank you enough.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote