View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Durned if you do, or not?

double-edged sword? It's good to have fresh, unbiased eyes look at stuff, but on the other hand, 'pregnant' UMMMers do NOT do much in the way of PR or patient well-being! Give that guy at least 25 lashes with a half-way done noodle! Maybe, between the splatter and the splut!s he mite just get the idea?

I followed Bob B's lead and read up on the 'beauties' of seural and punch biopsies...and concluded, that any doc is gonna have to know a heck of a lot more than the 'trust me phrase' to convince me that such a test would a} tell them more than they already know now b} the test is to be done AT ALL the rite labs-so's the results aren't compromised and c} all other tests don't tell them what they all already know. Sorry sounds like one neuro I experienced...I just got the feeling that he wanted to 'do it' -simply because he'd not done one before and wanted it under his belt. SORRY! NOT ME!
The 9 of 10 rule applies for me so far. Why should I risk more infection and nerve damage to have docs do what they're doing alredy. No-Brainer.

Yep, I've vented! - You have another more primary doc than this one? Offer some constructive criticism re this guy - you don't need that grief!
Joe, I'm sort of surprised you didn't break out that 2X4 of yours!

Good thoughts always! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote