View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 12:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was a relatively new member of GS/CD BrainTalk before it crashed, only about 3 months. I thought it was the best board I have ever participated in because of the people. I really liked how everyone communicated with each other. I also liked how knowledgeable people were/are, and I was impressed with how much research people were doing on their own! I had been active in another board on uterine fibroids. The moderator was confrontive with me, and so were other members on the forum. I was made to feel like the new kid on the block who had to prove herself. I never felt that way here. I also like the comradery of the people. I think it's cool that people make an effort to visit one another (Close Encounter pics are great!), but it seems that not everyone has returned to BT2.

I also joined some other boards after BT1 crashed, but I never liked them as much as BT1. It feels weird to hear everyone complain about BT1. From what I gather, it doesn't make sense that Monica was banned. Yes, there should be some process to work that out. I never perceived any problems, but that doesn't mean there weren't any. People need a vehicle to express, but I hope we don't get stuck on the negative. One thing I liked about BT1 was the lack of negativity and the respect of other's opinions.

As for The Gluten File, I think it makes sense to have it on another website. I love the creative process and it's in it's new creation! What I miss about BT1 and The Gluten File are all the personal stories. It would be great to have a way to recreate that.

And I agree that not much is going on here because of the temporary situation of this board. But it's also summer, and people have lives! Plus, like I said before, I think not everyone is back yet. How do we find those people and get them to come back.

Thanks, Claire
diamondheart is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote