View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 05:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I was in an auto accident..... have a few questions

Hey everyone!
I so sorry that I have not posted in quite some time. I have been working and working more! I just got done doing some traveling for work. I went to Costa Rica, then Canada (a week each). Boy the TSA agents are dorks when it comes to SCS's! They are so clueless!

Anyway, I have a few questions....maybe someone can help, give me their opinion, tell me to hush, whatever

Last Tuesday, the 16th of October, I was T-Boned, in my truck. I had a Silverado (had is the key word, it was totalled). Anyway, I was hit in the drivers door, taken away by ambulance, etc. I was going through an intersection, and a guy blew a red light, doing 50mph.

I have been having left should pain (I expected it, since my drivers door was pushed in on me about 8 inches). Well, I just went to my first physical theropy appointment and they took some more x-rays and stuff and discovered that my should was dislocated in the accident and somehow the seat belt threw it back in, but NOT ALL THE WAY!?!?!?

Now, given I have beat my RSD back in to remission for the past 2 or so years, but I am scared that it is coming back on my left side now, cause of this accdident.

My questions are:

They want me to continue P/T to manipulate the shoulder in to place and they KNOW about my RSD and know what it is, and they say they plan to be careful. Should I worry that it will come back full force in my upper body again?

I see my med-tronics rep tomorrow (finally) because my SCS is on full blast when I turn it on now, and my remote says it is all the way down. Should I worry about something getting messed up with P/T with my SCS?

And last but not least.... lol...... They have put me on Oxycodone and muscle relaxers...... I DO NOT want to take them as I have been drugs free for many years cause this SCS has been working. Do you think it is ok to take them while I am "recovering".

I just don't want to mess up and have this RSD come back full force again.

I am just soooooooo worried and don't know who to ask for advise about this car accident and stuff. This is my first one

Thanks for any input
SCS Implant - 05/03
Drug free since 10/03

Shanin
tiggerz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote