View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 11:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Do anything you can to avoid the surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinab View Post
I appreciate all of the great feedback. I guess my biggest worries are: that the doc will get in and decide he needs to do another level as well (my 3-4 has issues also), that I will have lots of throat/swallowing problems, and that the pain, which is now mostly muscle spasm types, with some stabbing pains in the side of neck, won't get any better. I also worry that this surgery will be starting a whole long line of surgeries on my neck. Any comments on any of that? What do the stats show, does anyone know?

Also, how long can I realistically expect before I can go back to work and feel better? My doc has said 10 days, but I have told my work sight 3 weeks as 10 days just seems unrealistic to me. Will I be so debiltated that I won't be able to do any of the activities related to the holidays like shopping and cooking? Will I be able to shower, lift my arms over my head to do my hair, silly (but important to me!) things like that?
Supp trinab I'm Mike, how long have you had this problem? How long have you been treating it with PT and Acupuncture and for how many treatments?

Just ask your self those questions.

Look I'm just going to say it straight up the people that get these kind of surgeries you are discribing are looking for the quick fix. You really have to understand that these things take time (years). I'll just give you one example; my uncle baddled with back pain so bad that he could not walk or stand. He spent 29 days in traction and had to take some serious pain killers. They had him preped for the surgery the Docs even had the room all ready for him but you know what happened, at the last minute he said NO. NO you are wrong this will heal and it took him 19 years BUT IT HEALED. Today he is 81 years old and is cutting grass on his farm in upsate New York Chopping fire wood lifting dozzens of 50lb bags of pellets and he has no back pain NONE.

Look I know neck pain is more painful I have ligiment dammage in my neck and herneated disks in my thorasic spine and in my lumbar spine. People have told me I need surgerybut they are worng. I am healing because I believe I can heal and I am doing whatever it takes to heal and YOU CAN TOO without any surgery.

I'm going to Say a prayer for your health and that you make the right choice.

,Mike
1MikeD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote