View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 10:12 AM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Last night's segments with Jeff Corwin and the Polar Bears plus Dr Gupta around Lake Chad, Africa were quite some of the most astonishingly vivid images>The contrast of the wonder of the frozen lands and the creatures that live there, coupled with the scientist and the naturalist/zoologist telling us and SHOWING us why things have already changed for the worse there beyond what was being predicted for 2050 from the global warming trend

and then into hot Africa, continent of my birth, where I as a fifties born kid remember the lush lands and flowing rivers and abundance of wildlife..........there was footage of the Lake Chad area......fishing villages on dry barren land where once the river flowed and the lake shore reached.............

all I can say is bravo to misters Cooper, Corwin and Gupta for an amazing and alerting work of excellence in Planet In Peril. I highly recommend it to anyone. CNN will, I am sure, rerun these a number of times. Tonight is Part 3 of the first run. 9pm eastern on CNN for anyone interested. should be compulsory viewing for all humans IMHO

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote