View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Re: The Fentanyl Patch

H there.

My husband's Alan, pain was so bad that they put in on the Duragesic Fenanyl pain patch 5 years ago. He started with the 25 patch (changed every three days), and in a few months he went to every two days, and then in a few months he gradually went higher. He was on the fentanyl patch for about 2 and a half years. He went all the way up to 125 (every three days,) that's how intense his pain was, with Vicodin for breakthrough pain. He went to the hospital, to their Pain Management clinic and he had to sign a contract and everything.

The side effects were horrible constipation and he did take laxatives, but I will never forget how it took his pain away. He went to work, drove his car and everything. How he did this I'll never know.

But years have passed, he saw a chiropractor neurologist who took care of his body and Alan went to his GP, who weaned him (slowly) off the patch.

Today, he takes no pain meds whatsoever. He has ultimately been diagnosed with CIDP, Chronic Inflammatory Demylinating Polyneuropathy. And he does IVIG once a month. He says his pain (between certain toes), His feet are completely numb by the way), he says his pain level is much more tolerable now.

I just wanted to give you HIS experience with the Fentanyl patch.

Good Luck to you.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote