View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 03:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default That is common in the recovery process

There may be another problem, but what you describe is common for someone who is getting B12 after having needed it for a long time.

Besides the shots, I hope you are taking at least 1000 mcg per day (all at once, not timed release). The constant supply of B12 help more in many cases over the long term.

Four months is a very short time when the central nervous system (CNS) has been affected. And the body can be hard at work on a problem unbeknownst to the patient or doctor. Often during those times symptoms are even worse, as the body works on the electrical system.

I hope you are also taking a B complex and at least a multi vitamin. Also, fish oil would help your body keep inflammation down and rebuild myelin that may have been damaged.

The repair process can be much more difficult that the downhill process. It is more difficult to build than to deteriorate. And nerves are very strange. Repairs can continue for several years. You are not guaranteed any repair, but usually there is at least some, and even the CNS can recoup to an amazing degree, but over much time.

rose

rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote