View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 12:47 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

carey,

They don't know what they are dealing with - this is true. But we have treatments for depression - and I think I'd rather see a new grad student come along and solve the movement disorder, and hope that it also helps the depression, rather than the other way around - which I don't see any evidence would be likely.

boann's issue produced a hypothetical question. i'm not implying that depression isn't serious with pwp. But as an individual, I am by far suffering more from the motor symptoms. I do agree with boann's challenge to the connection between the two, whether it is a pre symptom or not. Depression could be a pre and continuing symptom in many illnesses. Our bodies are more complicated than we will ever know, and it knows when something is wrong when we don't by the chemical interactions taking place.

Here's a question that just came to me. I wonder if depression is not as big an issue for me because i had already gone through menopause in my 30's before PD diagnosis and obviously have hormone depletion? But on the other hand, estrogen doesn't cure PD; i took replacement for awhile.

paula

Robert, I understand what you are trying to say. But your improvement from sinemet confirms what I am saying. Prozac doesn't cure my motor symptoms. but Sinemet did solve your depression.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 10-25-2007 at 01:08 PM.
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote