View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 01:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

LOL.....Dr. Winchester!!! Is he anything like Dr. Kevorkian??? LOL!!!

I've been putting the food up at night on top of the BBQ grill. The cats can't eat either, but hubby has been feeding them earlier in the evenings and now they seem to know to hurry and eat cuz mom's gonna come out here and pull this dish away pretty soon!!!!

I tried once before to scare the rat, er, possum away with my mop. I bonked him on the head and all he did was turn around, give me a nasty look and keep right on eating. So then I pulled the dish away (don't know if I'm stupid or just plain angry he's eating up all the cat food!!) and put it on top of the BBQ grill. He looked up at it for a few minutes then left. They're good at climbing fences but they can't jump. And yea Jose, I smacked one once on the head with a shovel and it curled up and played dead.....so I scooped it up in the shovel to toss him into the empty lot across the street. The only problem was that I had to go THROUGH THE HOUSE to get to the front!!!! I was terrified it was gonna wake up and jump off the shovel so I ran to the front door, flung it open, slammed it behind me (so my indoor cats wouldn't follow me) and flung it into the field. Well, fling is kinda the wrong word...it was more like a thump....then I realized I had actually killed it when I bopped it on the head!! The turkey buzzards took care of the carcass the next day!

So far, as long as I leave the food up at night he's not coming around. Hopefully he'll find some other house to terrorize at night!!!

Dianelori
dianelori is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote