View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 01:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default It always comes back to ourselves.....

It's not a revelation in my life that if I don't look after me, nobody else is going to do it for me. Yes Paula, I know I'm just toooo demanding. If I wasn't such a pain in the butt I'm sure I'd be in a wheelchair by now. In Canada I think we get 20 minutes on government time. I've been lucky so far as my first GP after I was diagnosed had no use for the government or their policies and has been relieved of his duties at age 72 and is free to go sailing every day now! My Neuro is learning to like me and smiles at me when he sees me now and is willing to spend a penny of his own to talk to me. But Yes you are absolutley right Paula, they don't have the time. (or the specialty....another bugaboo in the system).

Carey, you are very fortunate to have Bill Bell and a few other really dedicated people in the PNW area who have made things better than the norm. (can Bill be cloned?)

jo55: Thanks for all the links. I'll peruse them at my leisure. I've read some of the mind-body literature; most recently " Anatomy of an Illness" by Norman Cousins which I found at the local recycle centre for 99 cents. Worth every penny too.

CS...ever the cheery and uplifting voice. I liked your list of things that really are important. Very male perspective. I would submit these top 10 questions on the mind of every healthy female: Who ate all the chocolate chip cookies? 2.) I need another tube of mascara, this one is the wrong shade of black! 3.) Three hundred pairs of shoes and not a pair that goes with this outfit! 4.) Who finished of the corn chips? 5.) Close the friggin door, do you think I work for the heating company? 6.) the dog's in heat... again...don't let her out or I'll kick your butt! 7.) I just went grocery shopping -what do you mean there's no milk? 8.) I hate this haircut! 9.) If you want sex tonight you better take out ALL the garbage! 10.) On second thought I'm not interested anyway...