View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 05:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Crazy My personal remedy

I just joined today, and your post sounds so familiar. My own experiences include morning headaches, migraines, halo migraines, etc.
The most [U]effective[U] medicine I have used was Imitrex injections. Doc gave me a prescription so I could give myself a shot in the leg, and it was amazingly fast without upsetting my stomach, which imitrex tablets tend to do to me.
800 mg motrin is the second best weapon of choice, but it can take a while to work (and the stomach thing again).
My most efficient method of attacking my headaches? (remember, you asked for ANY remedy we could suggest...)---Hyper-cleaning my gums, especially inbetween the teeth. I use floss, waterpik dental cleaning system, and a small brush that resembles a bottlebrush. What I do is look for any spot which tends to be sensitive, or easily bleeds. (Even though I religiously clean my gums, tiny morsels of food tends to gets stuck in pits in my gums every so often, and it causes what I believe to be an irritation of the trigeminal nerve, which leads to the headache.) Anyway, I have found that by cleaning the gums like crazy helps relieve my headaches, and helps prevent their reoccurance.
Are your headaches focused in particular spots?
Gordo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote