View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 06:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Neil,

I took no offense whatsoever. I'm happy to be back.

Ibby,

No, I got no retribution and basically gave it up to get on with my life. I forwarded all the hospital records as well as my statement and witnesses accounts to the hospital president, Medicare and friends in high places in Washington DC. The hospital supposedy investigated and said it didn't happen,. Medicare reviewed it, but never interviewed anyone and determined that thet standaard of care was met. Ther people in DC were shocked that they could get no response from anyone at HHS on the matter. A friend of mine had me contact a law firm in Knoxville because one of the partners had written an article in a legal publication about just this sort of case. When I spoke to him, he was very interested untill I told him the name of the hospital and he immeediately told me that no attorney will take a case against them. I have received calls from many people who have heard of what happened and they called me to relate similar stories. Like me they just can not get any legal help.

I could not find a standardof care for Parkinson nor one for dyskenesia. So I found one for psychosis which is what the ER doctor said I had. That standard clearly states that restraints should not be used without consultation with whoever brought the patient in. Therefore, if they believe the ER doctor the standard of care was definetly not met. I don't remember if I wrote here that after receiving copies of the records from the hospital there was a section that was blacked out. A friend put it under a black llight and we discovered that I was put in a straight jacket. That must have been when my memory went blank because I don't remember it. My doctor tells me that it will come back to me someday.

In any case, I avoid that hospital entirely and would advise anyone with PD to stay out of ERs.
MKane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote