View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 03:56 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb oooopppssss...

I became so caught up in the PT question, I forgot something.

We had 2 posters just before OBT went down, on the Vit Deficiency forum
who were low in vit D.

Their doctor's tested them, and low an behold... taking a supplement fixed
their pain issues. This is not an unique finding:
http://www.immunesupport.com/library...e.cfm/ID/5324/
Quote:
In the latest study, Gregory A. Plotnikoff, MD, of the University of Minnesota Medical School found a much higher incidence of vitamin D deficiency in the patients with unexplained muscle and skeletal pain than expected, regardless of their ages.

All of the African Americans, East Africans, Hispanics, and Native Americans who participated in the study were vitamin D deficient, as were all of the patients under the age of 30.

The researcher says it was a big surprise that the worst vitamin D deficiencies occurred in young people -- especially women of childbearing age. The findings are reported in the December issue of the journal Mayo Clinic Proceedings.

"The message here is that unexplained pain may very well be linked to a vitamin D deficiency," Plotnikoff tells WebMD. "My hope is that patients with unexplained pain will be tested for vitamin D status, and treated, if necessary."
We have a complex vit D thread growing on the Vitamin/Mineral board here.
Take a look. Many of us are working on bringing this information to you.

The first articles started appearing in 2000, now today, we are seeing more attention to Vit D..and the possiblity of the RDA being raised to 1000IU.

I am sorry I didn't remember this, but that previous post of mine was getting too long...leading to glazed eyeballs!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote