View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karilann View Post
I've been having bouts of pain in my hips, wrists, base of thumb, elbows which my regular doc calls arthritis/tendonitis/buritis.
Seems its always something other than a MS issue.

Yet when I research joint pain and MS, I come up with some validation that there is this type of pain in MS.

To me it almost feels like a tendon problem but in a lot of places at once.
My elbow feels like "tennis elbow" but so do my thumbs and hips! Its sensitive to pressure, so when I sleep on my sides my hips hurt. If I pick something heavy up my thumbs/wrists/elbows hurt.
Personally, I have had no issues with joint pain, EXCEPT what is definitely tendonitis in my elbow. I have had it treated 3 or 4 times over the years, by my physiotherapist, and each time it comes 100% good after several visits and lots of homework (specific exercises).

If it is tendonitis, PT should fix it. It's not a completely painless or a quick recovery, and the longer you leave it, the more scar tissue there is (so the harder it is to rectify). Alternatively, you can use some sort of steroid shots (can't remember the name exactly). Apparently that is NOT 100% effective, and fairly painful too, so I have not opted for that route before.

I have had a feeling that my tendons are pulled to the max, but that occurs in my forearm and calves; I don't feel any pain in my joints. This is apparently spasticity-related and a regular stretching routine helped for this (as did braces, A/D's). I haven't had much problem at all from this since starting on LDN though.

Cherie