View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 10:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

e-head,
Thanks, lunacy is an understatement! My son is almost 17 and way too trustful that this is behind him and being 17 does not help! Wrestling is a sport he went into 2 years ago after doing boy's gymnastics on a team for many, many years. He was great at gymnastics and when he left that to wrestle, he had alot of success and this respect from his teamates thrilled him. He does not get the same success in cross country and I imagine this is why he is pushing to go back. As of now, he will just be working out with the team!! He is also successful as a student and I am hoping, now that he is doing an independent study in Science, that this will feed his self esteem enough. As we reviewed his history with the neurologist, he remembered falling off the high bars years ago and then was a bit dazed and he forgot his routine after. This was probably why his healing after his wrestling injury was so delayed. He told the trainer at school, he is at war with his parents. I admire his motivation but his vulnerability and the danger of further injury frightens me. I will remain vigilant as a parent, and hope for the best. Soon I am going to have him read some posts here to give him some information but I don't want to depress him too much. Thanks again and hope you are feeling better.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote