View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 02:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy LTD is in denial

For 1.5 years I have been going through the process of tring to find out what's wrong with me.

I have already received a diagnosis of Pernicious Anemia, and have the whole laundry list of symptoms, with maybe one or two exceptions.

I am anxious to have a life, and contribute to the health and happiness of my family, but I have received several denials of my LTD claim which falls under the ERISA laws. The "Lawyer" that was evaluating my claim, took 3 weeks to call me back to tell me that the paperwork he received 3 weeks prior was not compelling. The information did not contain even my Pernicious Anemia diagnosis, and this is what he supposedly received from the LTD Insurance Co. The problem is who is lying. If the insurance company fraudulently not submitting all my medical data to my lawyer, are my doctors??

Now I have roughly 3 weeks left within which to file an appeal, or I lose all rights to LTD, as I was terminated from my job while on disability.

My Neurologist has in hand Neuro-psychologist testing that shows numerous cognizant deficits, as well as "terrible" dexterity, yet my neurologist doesn't seem compelled to believe me. I suffer the worst fatigue, nerve pain, have Diarrhia 8-12 times a day, have Strabismus, where my left eye wanders drastically to the left so that I have very bad vision.

I feel like there is not one resource in this system that is a true advocate for the patient... ME.

I am in Northern California, and need to find an PA/MS Doctor that is not sleeping with the insurance, or sympathetic to their causes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am not really a naive person, but I cannot believe the extent to which this government, and these idiotic laws (ERISA) shield the Insurance companies, and Doctors from responsibilities for their actions, or inactions.
SBGUY is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote