View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 11:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help Living with Lumbar Pain

Hi, I'm new to this site and just thought maybe someone would have some new advice or words of encouragement. I used to work as a fire fighter paramedic and now I have a bulged disc at L5 S1. I actually didn't get this injury at work surprisingly. i was involved in a car accident vs a semitruck.
Almost 4 years ago I went through a medical hell. My doctor started with least invasive procedures and finally after complaining of back pain in September I was given an MRI in April. They tried everything from narcotics, muscle relaxers, bed rest, physical therapy, CNS depressants like Neurontin, and finally I was given 2 epidural shots. i managed to make it through the last 3 years with just the occasional soreness and I always have sciatica!
I'm only 30 and very active but 10 days ago my back flared up and now I can't walk. I literally crawl to the restroom, my friends are helping with meals, but I don't have insurance, cant work and cant seem to get relief from pain. I had an epidural a few days ago with some relief.
I can sit up for about 20 minutes pain free and take maybe 10 or 15 steps. I've heard about some decompression machine and a few surgeries. If anyone has been here or has some advice for me, please reply! I'm listening and open to whatever ideas!
Nida is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote