In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Book OT - Share A Good Book

Fave Book Right Now!!!!!
"Dispatches From The Edge"
by Anderson Cooper.
His mama is Gloria Vanderbilt. I don't want to give anything else away. I swear, he is so much like my oldest daughter, I totally "get" this child. And I admire this boy. He is out seeking truth for us, and also seeking thrills for reasons you'll find out...but he is an honest person I think. This shows some of the problems of our world today in little snippets, an easy every-night read.

"Infidel" by Ayaan Hirsi Ali is a must-read about a northern African muslim woman who immigrated to Holland, ran for Congress and fought for womens' rights. Her close friend was killed for helping her in the fight against islamic terrorism. This book helps explain what the terror-global-war is all about, and why it isn't or won't be limited to boundary lines.

"My Husband, My Friend" by Neile McQueen Toffel (reissue from the '60s) this books explains why an otherwise very smart lady would love a philandering handsome macho guy - because he makes you feel like you're the only one who can save him, and because you love him, and because he's so damned much fun. (Steve McQueen is the tragic hubby. So sad that he dies from asbestos cancer, mesothelioma, most likely from either working in car shops or his racing uniforms / equipment before they knew what it did to people's lungs.)

"Save Me From Myself" by Brian Head Welch. Korn guitar man goes from total creep to Christian. I just don't like the guy, though, he's mean to his dog...

Read a bunch of crummy books...we'll ignore.

Ok, lastly, this month's National Geographic was a GREAT one. I love polynesian history, and the story on Tonga's king was so interesting and had some hilarious parts to it. You really can read it from cover to cover.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote