View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 10:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Monica,

I think everyone here gave some great responses.

But I just wanted to address what your Psychologist said. I think he or she has a very good point. I have often wondered about this myself and I will admit I post a lot...usually on BT. But there are times that reading too much can really get me down and does make me fear things. And, honestly, my own NS said to stop concentrating on the pain so much. I didn't know or understand what he meant at the time but I do now. I mean how can we ignore something that hits us almost every day? What I THINK he was saying is to find things to distract me and in truth he is right. My PM doc feels the same way. To me, there is nothing wrong with talking with others and getting ideas or advice and even being supportive. There is also not a darn thing wrong with researching your own conditions. BUT...I can also see where the forums of any kind can become your life...very easily. Honestly, I try to post in the early morning or late at night. As for the rest of the day, I find other things to do...no matter how small. I HAVE noticed that if I am doing my "own thing" which is really my hobby of Genealogy; I get so lost in it that I FORGET the pain....as weird as it may seem. So, just wanted to say...there IS something to getting too wrapped up in it...I do agree.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote