View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 11:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Additional Help Needed Re: Amantadine

I have posted in the past re: Amantadine, but that was prior to my pwp having had it prescribed approximately 10 days ago. She started with 2 tabs daily...now, it's been increased to 3 tabs daily. On the 2 tabs, her dyskinesias were completely eliminated. Now, her "neuro"is hoping that the 3 tabs daily MIGHT help with extending the Sinemet dosage, and Doreen will "report" to him at the end of next week. In view of Doreen's recent terrible experience with Cogentin (severe cognitive impairment) we are leery about yet another medication and its possible side effects (have noted that confusion is a possibility) which, I know, is a POSSIBLE adverse side effect of so many medications...most especially with PD medications. I guess my specific questions are directed to those who take Amantadine, i.e.....dosage and any adverse cognitive side effects...and of course, any positives for Amantadine. I realize that some of you did respond to my prior post related to Amantadine and, if I recall correctly, most of the responses were positive. I really just need specific answers to dosage and any adverse cognitive side effects. Thank you so much for any information that you're able to provide. At this very moment, Doreen is debating whether or not to take her third dose of Amantadine today...that's how fearful we are.

Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote