Thread: ? on CIDP
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I think because we have dominant and recessive genes, (my cousin and his wife happen to carry the recessive gene for Jouberts Syndrome, hence their daughter was born with Joubert.

I think it's all about the genes we have in our body. If we carry some, or if we pass them on. We have no choice but to pass them on if we become parents. But if we do not have children, and our bodies contain the gene for this, or the gene for that, I think the best thing we can do is follow what Dr. Oz says on Oprah. Try and eat as healthful as possible,don't drink to excess, don't smoke (I know that's impossible for some people), but if we try and do what we can for our bodies, then maybe we might have a shot and not developing the diseases our parents and grandparents do.

Oprah had a guest on last week who said such things. She said, My whole family background is full of cancer, but I don't have it, and I'm doing my darndest not to get it. She says attitude plays a big part too.

And relieveing stress. Not putting ourselves in stressful situations, and if we find ourselves in such situations, to find methods of coping. Easy to say but very hard to achieve.

We just do the best we can.

So thanks much for the answer on the genetic stuff.

Much appreciated.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 10-27-2007 at 07:45 PM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote