Thread: EEG Changes
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 05:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkette View Post
Hi Ellie,
Take my word my eeg reading have changed over the yrs. When I first startted have sz. they were coming from the RTL where I would just have absence sz. I was 10 yrs. old when this started. 2 yrs. later I began having complex partial sz. along with absence sz. When I finally went in to have surgey done they did the depth electrode eeg and found I had brain damage on the RTL, frontal lobe, and the left hemisphere of the brain. The brain damage had spread because I had sz. so many time in a yr. and I was drug resistant this is what caused the brain damage. The more sz. the more brain damage I got. It's ashame it has to happen to people but I look at it this way I could be a lot worse off physically so if I can accept 34 yrs. of sz. after 2 brain surgeries others should also and if they don't they're the ones with the problem not me! Take care and May God Bless You!

Sue
what a blessed outlook