View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 03:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Amantadine...

I have to say chasmo, it's not really an "innocuous drug". My own experience with it matches much of what Birte has said. You can get a feeling of "brain fog", much like the anticholinergics can do. I still "must have" amantadine in my "anti-PD drug cocktail" and I swear that 100mg/day is not as good (for me anyway) as 200mg/day is. I have been lucky enough to be able to say that I have "stabilized" on 200mg/day without much in the way of side effects except for minor blurred vision. The blue and red "spider veins on my lower extremities (livedo reticularis), i had for many years ,but now have mysteriously gone away. I have been on 200mg/day for 10 years. At one point i tried 300mg/day and my body told me "NO,TOO MUCH". I attribute the dissappearance of the spider veins to possibly one ingredient of my daily vitamin. mineral and/or antioxidant regime. I take a lot of supplements and they do not tell me much, other than when i discontinue them, my PD is worse. Listen to your body. Don't obscess, about it , but listen gently. Be your own "outside observer" to what your body is telling you, that is, don't read up on a drug's monograph and "expect" known (or unknown) side-effects to appear. Your body will let you know. cs
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote