View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 03:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Adelle, Birte, Charlie, Ol'cs

Thank you for your responses. It seems, then, that Doreen is taking somewhere "in between" the dosage of Amantadine that all of you are taking, i.e., 100mg. - 300 mg. daily. She was to have started on 300 mg. today after having been on 200 mg. for only 5 days (started at the 200 mg.)...but, as I mentioned in the previous post, we both are extremely fearful about the 300 mg. in light of our most recent horrendous experience with the Cogentin. What I neglected to ask in my post is the REASON that each of you takes Amantadine...tremor...dyskinesia(s)...both...as an adjunct to Sinemet...other PD medications? I think your responses to this question could give us a better insight as to the benefit of Amantadine. Does anyone think that the starting dose for Doreen (2 mg.) was too high and also, does anyone feel that titrating to 3 mg. within 5 days of having started the Amantadine is too much too soon? Thank you for any input you may be able to provide. If it hadn't been for our very recent horrendous experience with Cogentin (not the same class of medications) but a medication that was clearly NOT a good one for Doreen, I don't believe that we would be as apprehensive as we are about this "new" medication being added to her regimen. This experience really made very clear what a tiny pill can do...good or bad...we're just attempting to avoid another terrible experience. Thank you for any input you may be able to provide, especially as to the reason(s) that you take Amantadine.

Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote