View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Monica, I can see both perspectives ?

From your therapist...well Maybe he/she feels you are getting too much too soon? Further, we all come from so many different worlds and circumstances than you do that you might be processing our information out of context.

I say this only because of my own experiences, learning the medical 'lingo', then the terms used for our problems': parathesias, ataxia, diathesias whatever! I found that Ihad to try and understand what all was going on wrong with me! Well, you really need a dictionary next to the 'puter screen to sort it all out! Does it all add to an overload of stress? Yep! Are we already stressed in ways our parents, best friends or spouses cannot relate to? Yep. What do you do about it? Chill out and try again, at a slower more tolerable pace or get mad, or give up. I myself chose a combo of Chilling and Slogging...neither are fun, it takes work to learn, but, if you DO learn, things come lots easier...Believe me when I say that in my prior life[?] I was both an arts type person and a number type person. The medical stuff is simply like learning a new language...easy for some in some parts, hard-very for others.

I was never the 'scientific one' in my life, I have found I have had to LEARN, sometimes fast, sometimes slowly all the 'vocabulary, terms and technical stuff' that comes with this well NEW life?

There was mention about that demon called FEAR of the unknown. If you read any and all posts, especially the 'old timers'? It is there, It is always there, difference is we all are trying very VERY hard not to let it GET to us! I like to think and hope we succeed to some degree.

My sense, a personal opinion only...is that you have done far more and gotten far better treatment than many with your condition [admittedly not recalling everything]. Not everyone needs/requires IVIG or steroids for a long time-I truly hope you are a LUCKY one! They all have side effects which are known or not yet known...We gamble with every pill we take.. But THAT both you and we try...? Well, that's not a bad thing? We each learn from each other's experiences - that's what and why we give of each other to do.

If your therapist doesn't like what I say, well, have him/her contact me so I can truly 'elighten' them of the way this all feels and what it does to a person trying to have a life! I promise you I would not be shy!

Do not dwell on the worst that can happen, please, think as Fanfaire has said about doing what you can working around any handicaps/issues...As you know there are some very brilliant people out there changing the world...Look at Stephen Hawkings? We are surely not there yet and not for a very long time...So we have time to do really amazing things, somehow and way!

's and more! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote