View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 05:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you

I wanted to thank you for the time you devoted to reading my loooooong post and aswering my many questions. I am sorry our sickness was the reason we were able to meet, but i am happy i have met you guys. You all have shown your kindness of heart and generosity, i am sure you are and will be given that back. If you were here next to me, i would give you all a big hug!

Regarding to my mood, i am feeling better now. You all are right, as you said before, no one has certainty. There are good days and bad days in everyone's life. So i am learning to deal with the difficult ones. I have been reading about buddhism and its ideas. I am not a buddhist person but i do feel there's a lot of wisdom there.

I will try to anwer the questions you have asked me to help me better.

I wanted to say something about the health system here in Mexico. It think there may be a misunderstanding here. When I said it was lousy i meant it is, not because it is old or bad in itself. What makes it lousy is the fact that it is not enough for all the people who need medical services. It is a myth that we have no technology or medical advance here, the difference between you guys and us, is that in your country these services are widespread, whereas here in Mexico they are available to very few people. So in conclusion, please tell me the tests i need to get done, of course i am likely to get them here.

Mrsd
Be sure you will have the information regarding to my experience with hyperbaric medicine, i will post it here.
Regarding to your questions i was on IVIG (twice) and i am on Imuran. I also take Novotiral which is thyroid hormone because i also have hypothyroidism. My neuropathy is mainly in my legs, but i ocasionally experience it in my arms though.

I became interested in the gulten related neuropathy. I had never heard about it so i searched some articles and I read them . I am thinking there’s a chance I have that because I was discovered some antiganglioside cells in my blood. I read that can be related to gluten intolerance. Could you explain me a bit more about that?? What test do I need to get to confirm gluten intolerance??. I visit a nutriologist to loose the weight I gained while on prednisone, so I could ask her about the gluten, but could you please tell me how can I now if gluten intolerance is related to my neuropathy???

Silverlady
I never got a low b12 count I decided to take it on my own because Melody recommended it and because rose said there’s no way of being damaged by it. Am I wrong?? The main difference I have noticed is that now I am so full of energy. My nerves, as I said, are better. I guess it is the effect of IVIG, hyperbaric medicine, b12 and all I have taken…

I am thinking about taking B complex, fish oil and magnesium. But i am wondering: isn’t this too much for my liver and my whole body??? (given that i also take novotiral and immuran)

Glenntag
About my onset, it was just weird sensations. I don’t know If I can call it acute. It just started like odd sensations in my tighs. After a few months it extended to my calves and feet. The sensations became stronger and more frequent, but that happenned probably in six months.
Regarding to a nerve biopsy I was told it won’t help diagnosis much, it will help to see how much damage has been done, but not the cause. Of course I can get a biopsy here, but I don’t really think it’s necessary, my doc doesn't either.

Dahlek and Kathie

Regarding to what I said about my therapist, don’t get me wrong please. I just said it because I wanted you to know the reasons why I had been absent long. I am sorry if this sounded somehow rude. It was not my intention, despite of her advice, I am still visiting this site because I have learned a lot and because I have received comfort from your words.

And about the learning process. Well it is something else we have to do and I am willing to do. I believe doctors know a lot of course, but they don’t care as much as we do. That surely makes a difference.

I send you hugs too and thank you for your words.

Fanfaire: Thank you for your sweet words.

Thank you all again!
Monica de Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote