View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 06:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default For English Country Dancer, Birte and Therese

Hi Girls,
First up English Country Dancer, I (like Birte) think Amantadine is a wonderful drug.
How about giving the neuro a miss and asking your G.P. to prescribe it and you can titrate it up slowly?
By all means try the neuro again but ask him why he doesn't want to prescribe it. Personally I find the foot in the door approach works when you don't get a reasonable answer!
Birte, when you say yellow tab do you mean Sinemet or is there another dosage of Amantadine in U.S. apart from the 100mg capsule?
Therese, in the past I've had some pretty awful side effects form other anti parkinson drugs.
I've had visual and auditory hallucinations, paranoia and hypomania but like Charlie, I too find Amantadine to be a fairly benign sort off drug.
I think personally titrating it by 1 tab a week a gentler introduction to the drug.
I don't have tremor but have heard it helps it for others.
Supposedly helps dyskinesia too but I no longer get that as I don't really take Sinemet regularly or need to rely on it much these days.
Since DBS my gait and balance have worsened though and I find the Amantadine on its own to be a fantastic help.
My neuro has found it as well to be a big help to many of his patients for a myriad of different symptoms.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Lee
made it up is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote