Thread: ? on CIDP
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Points to put out there:

One: posting or 'putting it out only here' means that any medical profession who know's your e-mail address or your past circumstances CAN find any and all you say here? I am sure the folks who want to find 'dirt' regarding abilities or disabilities could be easy to find....Being honest is a good quality, but being too open about one's life can put you on the front page in an unuseful way. Plain and simple.

Two: I never expected, nor every anticipated that I would have to learn a new language[medical] or soo much stuff about medical issues JUST to get myself diagnosed and then treated! I was not internet wise at the time I persued my whole body intuitive sense of SOMETHING IS NOT! ABSOLUTELY NOT RIGHT HERE! Docs are going don't worry? DUH? Excuse me. I simply followed common sense and my 'nose' so to speak. BUT in the process I learned that I had to speak to docs in terms they spoke to each other about us? Best offense?=Good Defense!

As for the IVIG thing? Please re-read all the posts I put out here to you For ALAN about all the IVIG experiences one can encounter... Alan never came close to anaphalyptic shock - I did! Forgive me for being blunt but if you want to talk scary event? That is a real FRANKENSTEINER! Not a holiday by any means...As for LEARNING how to talk to docs, drug reps and hospitals? Not to mention state officials about potential bad-training and/or mal-practice, Lady, I have been there! and saved lives with a medication refund and proper nurse training that saved OTHER lifes..not mine.

As for other issues? Oprah just brings up the simplistic generalities...I have rarely found such shows to go really into the depths of despair that many of us have gone thru.

Melody frankly I am in all honesty glad that you CAN walk 20 blocks to go to a whirlpool! I am jealous for you. I am simply glad I can get to my car, drive a mile in a car and get some milk in the grocery store! Any attempts to walk so far would surely put me either in bed for a week or in the hospital.... I am glad you are doing so well, as is Alan. I am not.

BTW? The Procore Machine looks like a 'pseudo mechanized version of a Pilates Ball. Why not just get and DO a ball? Cheaper and easier by far.
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote