View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 08:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi there

I have been away visiting my Mom and am still on the cortisone so I am not feeling so well. I begged the doc to go off it but she said it would be too dangerous as my levels are too low. I didn't take it one day and felt so good. I can't stand this. The endocrinologist still thinks the adrenal suppression is from the epidural steroid shots. (IN JUNE) I have called several times saying how depressed and horrible I feel and keep being told I have to stick it out. They are moving up the ACTH stim test to middle of NOV. And they ran a slew of tests, nothing has come up abnormal! So now what?

On another note, I sent for my biopsy report, and it says the nerve fiber densities at all three sites are within normal limits although the distribution is patchy.....some segmented and fragmented fibers are noted....though there are no significant morphological features to define a neruopathy processs. Then is says a repeat biopsy is recommened in 12 months. what does all that mean? maybe I should start new thread? and why didn't the doc tell me that????????? All he said was it was negative goodbye.

then I went for my flu shot and also cause have noticed a dark dent on nose and now doc sending me to rule out wegeners, though I doubt my rheumy will even do a test.....and I completely forgot to mention that I still have the morning problem its like my brain has gone dead. My doc seemed standoffish I am probly paranoid but they are making me feel like a freak.

Dahlek, she ( the endo doc)ran tests on pituitary, an adrenal mri, hormone tests, and others.I don't know what to do anymore.there is a piece of the puzzle missing and now one can find it or seems to want to. I went to a heart doc and she scheduled a stress test, anther echo, and another 48 hour moniter....I had to push for the stress test even though the doc from hopkins recommended that. Whew!

On another note, I heard that a decision had been reached on my ssdi case, but my case was sent to the quality review board, so I really don't know what is going to happen. Was I approved? Will they reverse it? Blah. Can't wait to get off the cortisone.....but if it wasn't the shots, what is left to test? I have gained 12 pounds which I had just lost!!!!! Worse is this depression....thanks for listening. I am at a loss again. My legs have really been hurting from my "fibro" which my neuro does not like to acknowledge....like someone (sorry don't have your name) mentioned above, there is probly something else wrong but what?

Peace..........
lailavia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote